Wednesday, April 24, 2013

in case you're stupid, this is the front

Tuesday I decided to take a day off work to go ski with the italian. They got at least 8 inches at A basin so it was worth the trip.

I got us rooms at the holiday inn in Frisco Monday night since my points are about to expire and we didn't want to drive up in a snow storm Tuesday morning. An american car company got rooms there too to test out their new cars. I found that out because when we pulled into the parking lot Monday night there were all these cars covered in tarps. Under the tarps the cars had more tarps taped all over them (so they could drive with the tarps on). The italian, who knows a lot about cars (I think from watching shows like "R U Faster Than a Redneck", which I watched with him Monday night after I fixed my TV remote by punching it repeatedly with my fist - the italian thinks it's not necessarily that I don't know how to work a TV but that I always get broken remotes - but he wasn't sure) said they are prototype cars and they're all taped up so no one could see them.

In case the car testers are REALLY stupid they identified the front of the car
It was a fun ski trip marred only by the fact that I have only been skiing once in the past 2 years. I invented a new move I call "the flying starfish" where the skier eats shit when her ski gets stuck in the fresh powder and she goes tumbling down the hill with skis flying. The italian gave me some coaching instructions and said I'm easy to coach, so hopefully my skills will continue to improve unless the italian gets tired of coaching me because I fall, and not just little falls, but massive wrecks.

Skiing in deep fresh powder is not as easy as it looks in the Warren Miller films.

Don't worry. The zombie knee is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment