Tuesday, August 28, 2012

we are experiencing technical difficulties...

What a fucking day. First, I was all packed up and ready to head to the office when I realized I couldn't find my rental car keys. I've never lost my keys before. I madly searched my room, backpack, suitcase, and the backpack again when I remembered I had put my keys in a plastic grocery bag with my nectarines and blueberries when returning from the grocery last night.

I pulled the bag out of the trash and discovered a huge hole in the plastic bag.

Fuck.

So I went down to the front desk and asked if anyone had turned in rental car keys. They had. Happy day. But then the woman at the front desk refused to give me the keys.

Grrr.

Surprisingly I was able to remember the make and color of the car. I never remember that. I usually just head for the area where I know I parked and click the unlock button until I see the tail lights of the car blinking.

After much wrangling with the front desk and signing of papers saying I was the rightful owner (3 different docs the front desk woman typed up - really????) I was given my keys.

A half hour later, in the office, I get a call from Merry Maids. They managed to break a large mirror in my bedroom. A mirror they aren't even supposed to dust since they've broken so many other things in my house. Guess I'll get that sorted when I get home Friday.

A new hire was in the office across from mine. He belched all day like he was at a fraternity party and made grunting noises that sounded like he was giving birth. Even with my door closed I could hear him.

Then I spent 5 1/2 hours in a meeting with two "EA consultants" that were big on academic bullshit and small on "okay, how are we going to fucking do that in real life????"

And today I answered 3 emails about the old software tool I used to support since my customers from my previous job can't seem to get anyone at my old company to answer their questions. Gotta stop doing that. One of my customers also called me at 8 PM today and left a 5 minute message.

People. I don't work there anymore. Stop. Calling. Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment