Friday, March 9, 2012

when not fighting dark forces I fight myself

My friend Arthur sent me this email:

Franki,

This made me think of you.  Remember the time when you went from blond to black and did not recognize yourself in the mirror …

420314_2844015455637_1116887505_32111954_1686915347_n.jpg 
 
All because one night in Las Cruces, NM, we were getting drunk at a bar called the double eagle. I was drinking top shelf margaritas. I think it was my going away party.
 
Anyway, I had just dyed my hair black and in the course of getting drunk forgot. At some point in the evening I had to walk across a dance floor to get to the ladies. One wall of the dance floor was a mirror. I saw the reflection of the hallway to the bathroom in the mirror and tried to walk down it. When I bumped into the mirror I looked up and thought I had bumped into this bitch with black hair.
 
I said "You go that way and I'll go this way."
 
Bitch bumped into me again. I said "Stop bumping into me" and tried to walk down the hallway. 
 
Finally I started screaming and threatening to hit her. The bouncer came over and pointed out I was walking into a mirror.
 
Tres embarrassing.
 
Same night, I got up on the table and gave a speech about something.
 
Next day at work I was massively hung over and Arthur tried to get me to eat a piece of key lime pie.
 
Ick.
 
I still love key lime pie but haven't had a margarita since.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment