Sunday, July 18, 2010

hearts and hurts - is there really a difference?

Some text messages I've gotten from Habib. I used to correct his english, but he usually claims that I don't know what I'm talking about and that he's right. In particular, he confuses "hearts" and "hurts":

(as he's boarding the plane to Jordan - he's broken 3 nails, likely because he gets manicures every few days):

"Had  90 mimutes sleep. On of the 3 broken nails really hearts !!  boarding in minutes. Will miss you... Take care."

And yesterday:

"Spent the night n the hospital. My 3 years kid heart himself .  Deep wound over his eye, stiches...etc. Slept few hours and saw u  drawing with a pencil on my face . I did not see what you were drawing but you were smiling all the way!! So what is this ?"

Now I have to think of an explanation of why he might have had a dream I was drawing on his face. Comparatively, I'm not that complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment