Friday, January 2, 2009

snoopy snake attack

While working at my mom's desk in her office the other day, I noticed this Snoopy art thing that she had sitting in the middle of her desk. It's from an art show done in St. Paul to raise money for a program called Doghouse Days of Summer. The purpose of the program is/was to do an artistic tribute to Charles M. Schultz, who drew the cartoon.

But as I looked at the figurine, I noticed something weird. There seemed to be a snake coming out of Snoopy's dog house (see pic - I put a red border around the snake). "Mom, how come this snake is attacking Snoopy?" I asked.

"There isn't a snake attacking Snoopy. Where do you come up with the crazy things you say?" she replied, typing away at an email. I turned the dog house around. "Then what is THAT?" I said, pointing to the red thing coming out of his dog house.

"It's a scarf" she said, without even turning from her monitor to look at me.

"Since when do scarves have eyes and a big mouth?" I asked.

My mom finally turned around and looked at me over her bifocals. "Let's practice being really quiet by you not speaking for the next 15 minutes" she said.

I left her office to get some more hot water for my tea, and started making inquiries of her colleagues (I was able to wander around the building, as I mentioned before, with my mom's badge). It turns out I'm not the only one who wondered what the hell that thing is at the foot of Snoopy's dog house. "I think it's a monkey" said one of her less intelligent co-workers. When my mom brought it in some people went as far as to do research on the web to see if they could determine what the stupid red thing might be, but no one has gotten an answer.

So, if anyone knows what that thing is, please advise via a comment to this blog. If you want more detailed pictures I can provide them. The figurine is called "Breaktime!" and it's by the artist Simon Foshey

No comments:

Post a Comment